Problem of the Week (Jan. 23, 2017)
Directions: Write your work on a separate sheet of paper. Label the paper with your FULL name, your teacher, and which problem(s) you are handing in, then staple it to this sheet.
SHOW ALL YOUR WORK. PLEASE BE NEAT AND ORGANIZED.
Level 1: Follow along: For this problem, work out each step and then move to the next step. SHOW me your work as you go. Circle the final answer.
- Start with the number of eyes you have.
- Add the number of days in a full week.
- Subtract the number of legs on a normal pig.
- Add the number of days in January.
Level 2: I am thinking of a number: Use the clues to figure out the number I am thinking of.
- The number has 4 digits. None of the digits are the same.
- The first digit is an odd number.
- The 2nd digit is twice as big as the 1st digit, and half as big as the 4th digit.
- The 3rd digit is twice as big as the 4th digit.
- The 4th digit is an even number.
What is the number? ______ _______ ______ ______
Level 3: Logic Dots: There are 5 colored dots in a row (left to right). Use the clues to figure out the location of the colored dots.
- You only have dots that are the primary colors (red, yellow, blue).
- There is at least one dot of each color and no dot with the same color is next to each other.
- The dot in the middle is not the same as the end dots.
- The dots on each end are the same color.
- The 2nd dot from the left is yellow.
- A blue dot is to the left of a yellow dot.
- A blue dot is to the right of a yellow dot.